Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Define a girl gamer....

Someone posted something on Facebook today that kind of offended me...Their status said..."One thing I have noticed about TRUE girl gamers is that none of them play farmville." The reason it offended me is, isn't part of being a girl gamer playing games? Does it matter what games you play?! Do you have to be a hardcore halo player or Gears player to be considered a girl gamer? And if so that isn't fair. I used to play farmville and all the games on Facebook. I don't play them anymore not because it doesn't make me a true gamer, but because I got bored with them. My biggest problem with the term "girl gamer" is I don't feel that it is necessary! Why not just say "gamer"?! Who cares what your gender is? You play games! I think people forget that there are other games that you can play. There are games like D&D, Magic the Gathering, and so many more that aren't console games. To be considered a "girl gamer" do you have to only play console games?! If so I do not want that title. My husband has worked in the gaming industry now for 2 years and I know lots of "girl gamers." They all play tons of games. Not only console games. I don't play that many console games anymore...I guess I am no longer considered a true girl gamer...Oh well! Didn't want that title anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment