Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Outlooks on life....

Today Shane and I watched the Michael Jackson memorial on TV. (We did the lottery thing to get tickets but of course....we didn't win). I was deeply moved by the amount of respect that people had for him. Regardless of your viewpoints about Michael Jackson......He was a very influential person. When I was watching the memorial.....I watched his children....I could see the pain in their eyes....My only thought was....I never want to leave Makayla. I couldn't bear seeing her in that much pain. The very controversial Reverend Al Sharpton spoke at the memorial. He said to Michael's children....Your father wasn't strange....it was strange what he was forced to go through. He is right. From the moment he auditioned for Berry Gordy at Motown till the day he took his final breath, Michael endured a lot of hardships. I admire Michael for many reasons.....here are a few.....Michael kept his children sheltered from the media....He didn't want to put his children through what he had to endure growing up.....Michael was a family man. Many celebrities now days don't show family values. Michael was and will always be a damn good entertainer. You can't hear Billie Jean or Thriller without singing along. But when you are singing it you know....there is no one else who can sing it like Michael. In closing I want to say this.....we are not promised tomorrow....so today live your life as if it is going to be last....Love too much....sing too loud....and dance like no one is watching!


RIP Michael Jackson you will be missed!

No comments:

Post a Comment