Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Cartoons

I don't understand cartoons that on now days.....I think that they have a better educational value than the ones that I watched as a child. The only one that I remember that was in the slightest bit educational was Sesame Street. Makayla watches Noggin. Every show that comes on there is very educational. But they are ridiculous! But I guess the crazier they are the more kids pay attention. I laugh at most of them. Yo Gabba Gabba is SOOOOO LAME!! But that is probably her favorite show. My mother would not have been able to put up with these cartoons. Fraggle Rock was so annoying that my mother would not watch it without taking Tylenol first! I never understood, but she always said you will when you have children.....AHHHH!!! I find myself wearing head phones and listening to my Zune to escape. As long as it is an educational show she will be able to watch it. I don't really understand not letting your child watch TV. How do these parents ever get anything done!?! I must not be as talented! But thanks to Dora, Diego, and yes of course Moose A. Moose......I am able to take showers, eat, and clean! It's not like I just make her watch TV all the time. We go outside and play, I read stories to her, we sing and dance, and we occaisonally go to the park. But sometimes you just need ME time. When I was pregnant everyone would tell me to prepare to not get any sleep, but no one prepared me for how much personal time I was going to have to give up. That may sound like a complaint, but it truly is the best job I have ever had! So to all you pregnant women and those who are contemplating having a child.....when you have a child.....your life is no longer yours anymore......Being a mother is truly one of the most selfless jobs ever! But I am so blessed to have been given the opportunity! Maybe sometime soon I will get it again you never know!

No comments:

Post a Comment